Take 5 Bar Cookie Recipes (yum!)
I love giving my clients a Hershey's Take 5 candy bar when they come in for a session. Just one more added bonus that keeps the post-massage bliss going. I recently discovered online a couple of recipes for Take 5 Bar Cookies! So, if you've got extra Halloween candy or a stash of snack-sizeTake 5 bars lying around, give these tasty treats a whirl...
Take 5 Cookie
2 sticks butter (room temperature)3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups All Purpose flour
1 1/2 semi-sweet cups chocolate chips
1 bag Hershey’s Take 5 bars (Snack Size)
Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars.
Add eggs one at a time.
Mix dry ingredients separately.
Slowly add dry ingredients to mix.
Add chocolate chips.
Chill dough for about 2 hrs.
After dough is chilled preheat oven to 375º.
Unwrap Take 5 bars and cut in half.
Now take a large spoon-full of dough and cover each candy…Don’t worry; these cookies are large. You could always quarter the Take 5 bars if you wanted a larger batch of smaller cookies.
Bake for about 7 - 8 minutes until cookie starts to brown around edges.
Wait for them to cool and garnish with a drizzle of chocolate or caramel…Or, hey— both if you’re feeling crazy!
Take 5 Surprise Cookie Recipe
Makes about 5 dozen cookies or 2 dozen large cookies.
• 2 cups of chopped Take5 Candy Bars
• 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened (or, 1 stick butter and 1/2 cup coconut oil)
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove wrappers from candies. Cut each candy into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, light-brown sugar, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer, until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Stir in candy pieces and nuts, if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons full onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for nine to eleven minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Sorry, I can't remember the website I found this one on.
But this similar recipe can be found at http://www.musicalsoupeaters.com/take-5-candy-bar-cookies/: